In a recent email to supporters. President Obama recently called motherhood “the hardest job in the world.” That’s definitely not an understatement. As a mom of two young boys, I have moments of pure joy in parenting them but I also have moments of exhaustion, frustration or a combination of both. Being a mom is hard work and we’ve all felt the pressure at one time or another. These are some of the most talked about stories about moms and the emotional tolls of the job on the Web this past week.
1. One mom’s experience with post-partum anxiety after two miscarriages and then a successful birth. Read more at TheNewYorkTimes.
2. One mother’s struggle to reconcile the joy of parenthood with the mundane tasks of daily parenting in the home. Read more at Babble.
3. A Gallup poll says stay at home moms overall are not as happy as working moms. Read more at TheNewYorkTimes.
4. Mother of four Mary Kennedy killed herself last week, leaving many wondering about her children and their grieving process. Read more at ABCNews.
5. One mom chooses to celebrate the “in the zone” moments when she feels like she’s got the whole mothering thing down pat. Read more at Babble.
Robin Saks Frankel
An Episencial Mom