Between November and the end of the year, most families find at least one opportunity to come together and celebrate a holiday. In our house, we’ve really taken advantage of living so close to so many family members and we try and get together with them as often as we can for just about any occasion. Every has their own definition of family. For my husband, who grew up with almost more aunts, uncles and cousins then I can keep track of, this means anyone who he has any connection to through either genetics or marriage. For a good friend of mine who is not close with her parents, she defines her family as a few very close friends.
I’ve seen a lot of news about families in the media lately, from well-known people working on building their families to stories about improving familial relations. Here’s the top family-related stories floating around the Web:
• Michelle Duggar miscarries her 20th baby. In nearly any other circumstance I can think of, a miscarriage would result in nothing but an outpouring of sympathy, but in the case of this controversial ever-expanding family that hasn’t been the case.
• Twenty-nine year old Khloe Kardashian is turning to in-vitro fertilization to get pregnant.
• A newlywed writes about her experience as a pregnant bride.
• A mom defends her right to only have one child.
• A TV news anchorwoman and mom of three is speaking out in favor of paid maternity leave.
Heard any good news stories lately? Let me know on FB. Oh! and Happy Holidays!
Robin Saks Frankel
An Episencial Mom